Have you ever wanted to do to an arrest records search or conduct a background check on anyone? If not, did you know that you can? And it is quite easy.
Free arrest records are put at your disposal to consult whenever you want. Each town, big or small, has a Department of Public Safety, or an archive where you can ask for information. But public records may sometimes fail you because they do not contain all the information about someone. Only a few essential pieces of information, such as address and marital status.
But what if I told you that you could search for someone’s criminal records whenever you feel necessary. It’s true. At Background Records you will find a dedicated team that will help you find what you need to almost anyone, even yourself.
It doesn’t matter that you only want to run a free criminal background check on your tenant or you are an employer, and you need to find criminal records of a job applicant. Background Records is here to provide the information you need. We offer top notch services at convenient prices.
- 1 How Can You Access Criminal Records?
- 2 Can anyone run a criminal background check?
- 3 How much will it cost you to request a background check?
- 4 But why use a specialized agency to check criminal records?
- 5 What will the arrest records reveal?
- 6 7 Common reasons why background checks are necessary
- 7 The difference between a background check and a criminal record
- 8 All set to run a free background check?
How Can You Access Criminal Records?
It’s not like you will be able to find them online, just like that. There are, of course, public records which can be accessed at any time, but you are still required to make a trip to your local department of public records. They are free, but if you want them delivered to you, then you have to pay a small fee.
Another common misconception is that you can find someone’s background information online. That may be true to some extent. You can find out where that person lives or where he or she works. Social media manages to be quite revealing these days. However, free criminal records or free arrest records are not to be found on the internet without authorized access. Only a few people can do that.
So what are your options? One way of accessing an individual’s background information is a government agency. All you have to do is submit a request, and they may be able to help you. Usually. The Department of Public Safety handles these requests, but all police departments should be able to process them. If an individual in arrested, for example, other police departments should be able to get ahold of the information if a request is submitted.
Can anyone run a criminal background check?
Even if the Freedom of Information Act gives you the right to access most of the information the government agencies hold (with the purpose of ensuring government transparency), there are records which are not submitted to disclosure. That type of information can only be accessed if you are a government official.
The reason behind the non-disclosure is that sensitive information should not be at anyone’s disposal. There are crimes that are disclosed through national registries, such as sex offenses, but many of them are only revealed for a good reason.
So what can you do to simplify the process? Turn to specialized services, like Background Records. You will be spared the trouble of going through all that procedural mumbo-jumbo.
How much will it cost you to request a background check?
First of all, there is no such thing as a 100% free background check or public criminal records. Even if you submit a request to a government agency, you will still have to pay a small fee for mailing, duplicates, and whatnot. The payment method is by choice. You can either pay in cash or by credit card. It doesn’t really make a difference.
Third party companies, however, like Background Records, have different ways of charging. It mostly depends on what you need. If you are looking for a one-time thing, just a curiosity here and there, then you will pay a one-time fee per background check. But if you are an employer or a lawyer who is in need of these services on a regular basis, you can sign up for a monthly subscription so you will pay each month.
But why use a specialized agency to check criminal records?
Millions of people get arrested each year. Imagine that there is someone who is looking through all those public arrest records to find the person you are looking for. Do you think it is an easy process? No, it’s not. It requires a lot of time and energy. Not to mention the patience a person must have to go through all those papers. It’s not like you can browse through those records yourself.
For the reason I stated above, and because not everyone has access to all criminal records, a third-party agency, such as Background Records, is perfect for the job. They have teams who do that for a living, so they must be good at it. There are questions to be asked, people to be contacted, and papers to be checked out. Do you have the necessary knowledge or clearance to do all that? I didn’t think so. That is why you leave it in the hands of the professionals. They will handle it much better than yourself. Or overworked, understaffed government agents, for that matter.
You may not be able to get free background checks, but you would have a complete and 100% trustworthy report that will tell you everything you want or need to know about a particular person.
What will the arrest records reveal?
Let’s say that you have just hired a new gardening service and you get a new gardener. That person is a complete stranger that will have access to your home. It’s only natural that you want to know who he is and if he has ever been involved in criminal activities, right? So what interests you the most is theft, I suppose. You can check that by hiring an agency to do a criminal records search of that person to see if he has a shady background. It would make you feel more at ease, wouldn’t it?
But that is not all a criminal background check can reveal. You can find out all sorts of information like arrests, illegal activities, or any other public records. Anything from class B misdemeanors to felonies will be mentioned. Also, traffic tickets and acquitted charges will also appear in the report.
In other words, a criminal record will show all there is to know about that particular person. Of course, there are a few exceptions, like classified information or closed records. Those can only be revealed in particular circumstances and to authorized people.
7 Common reasons why background checks are necessary
There is a number of reasons why people choose to request a background check. Whether you are just curious, or it’s your job to know everything there is to know about someone, you have the freedom to ask. It is legal, and very common nowadays.
- The only way of finding out if someone has a criminal history is by conducting a background check. You can see if someone has ever been arrested, if he or she is a reckless driver, or if that certain someone is guilty of other misdemeanors or felonies. There are things you can check going through the free public records, but it is easier to do it from the comfort of your own home, isn’t it?
- Are there any sex offenders in your neighborhood? Or you don’t know? Why not conduct a criminal background check to find out? Do you know everything about your child’s piano teacher? It’s a scary world out there, and you need to protect your kids. A fee is a small price to pay for your family’s safety, don’t you think?
- What do you know about this new guy you are dating? Probably nothing. It couldn’t hurt to find out more about him, to see if he is a law abiding citizen. Only a thorough background check can tell you that. He will never know, and you will feel safer. I say it is entirely worth it.
- Pre-employment background checks are almost a formality nowadays. People lie on their resumes all the time so they can get the job, but they do not think very far ahead. Virtually all employers conduct background checks on their employees or job applicants. It’s the easiest way to know if they are telling the truth or not. I suppose it’s cheaper to do this rather than hiring a liability, isn’t it? Just so you know, if you are an employer and want to conduct a background check on an employee or job applicant, the law requires you asking for their permission first. If they refuse, you are not allowed to proceed. But you can deny their job application.
- Although this information can be found in public records, you can submit a request for a marital status check. You can find out if someone is married or not, or if they pay child support and alimony.
- What do you know about your new neighbors? Is any of them a sex offender or has ever engaged in drug activities? Run a background check and find out.
- Are you a landlord and you are having new tenants in the building? It is highly advised that you find out everything there is to know about them. You don’t need drug transactions on your property or trouble makers. The only safe way to proceed is to ask for a background search. That way you can sleep better at night.
As you can see, there is no lack of legitimate reasons for conducting a background check on people. We live in an unsafe world where people lie for a bunch of different reasons. Fortunately for you, there are ways to find the truth. Background Records is one of them.
The difference between a background check and a criminal record
It seems that many people confuse the two terms. However, they are very different. The principle is the same, though. The most simple way to understand the two is by considering the background check as a frame. A background check contains the criminal background check, but the criminal background check does not include the other.
As you can see the background check is far more extensive. It can provide information on almost everything. Previous workplaces, marital status, criminal records, federal arrest records, financial position, housing situation, past and current address, etc., they can all be found in a thorough background check.
On the other side, there is a criminal background check that can only contain information about the criminal past of a particular individual. Everything from simple misdemeanors to felonies and prison time can appear in a criminal report. Even speed and parking tickets are disclosed in the content of such a report.
The difference is not hard to understand. The first includes the second, but not the other way around. You can consider the background check some sort of a parent for the criminal one.
All set to run a free background check?
Background Records is a dedicated team that will help you get all kinds of information. If you are suspicious about anyone and you need to know everything about them, then we can help you out. We will not leave one stone unturned until we provide everything you request.
The fees are more than affordable, and the ease of access is amazing, we do offer the best background check service. All you have to do is select a name and a state, and we will do all the work for you. Our database is huge, but if there is something we don’t have, then we will go and find it. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with our cheap background check services.
Keep in mind that our search is completely confidential. We do not make public the names of our clients. Not without a warrant at least. The person you are checking out will have no idea that you did a free online background check on him or her. Your secret is ours to keep.